Thursday, January 26, 2012

I am NACHO superhero!

A super hero would have endless supplies of patience and teaching ability, don't you think? I don't. I'm not going to promise that I won't lose my schmidt on them, cause I just did. Turns out being a un-superhero has some advantages. When you pitch a mommy sized fit, they get scared. They get quiet and what's that? Ready for school 15 mins. early?! Nice! Now I realize this isn't a long-term solution. I'm not a complete idiot. (I reserve the right to be an idiot again, however...)

So, when I see the quotes from the news feed of US and PEOPLE and celebs on Twitter saying they "Love spending time with their family, they are everything to me". I cry BS! You love spending some time with them. Too much togetherness can be a bad thing. How are they going to learn to live without you if you are never apart? It's good for everyone involved! That's why there are Girls weekends and Boys weekends.

While I have enjoyed my kids much more in the last few years and relished my summer with them, I still need time away. I just booked my airline for our girls' weekend in May and I'm struck by the irony of the day. They whine and argue with me and cry and pitch fits about absolutely nothing and on the Thursday before I leave they will cry and tell me that they want to come with me and say they will miss me and they will cry that I'm going to be gone. (Making hubby feel like gold, I'm sure!)

Sorry kids, this un-superhero is going to recharge her un-super batteries and laugh and sip on margaritas poolside while checking out the families dealing with tantrums and whining and know that for 3 short days, I am #winning and for that, the whole family will be #winning when I return!

Just booking the ticket makes me a better Mom, I'm just sure of it! (Or we'll find out after school!)

"Bonnie"




No comments:

Post a Comment