Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I am NACHO everything.

Sometimes I just need a break. A break from responsibility;from being a mother, daughter, wife, sister, cook, maid, organizer.. and on and on. I just want to be. Sit around for days with nobody needing me. Days where the only thing I need is coffee and my Kindle. Days where I'm not responsible for feeding 4 people and 2 critters. Days where I don't feel guilty lounging on the couch when there is a mountain of laundry to be done. It's probably not possible to be that carefree again. No matter how far away I go or how many "girl's nights" I have, all of that is still waiting for me at home. Sure I can put it off, but really that just makes it that much more daunting. It's not that I would trade my life for anything, it's just exhausting being everything to everyone all the time. There is hope though, I'm making teaching my kids to do more. Maybe by the end of this year I'll be less "everything" and more me.

-Thelma

No comments:

Post a Comment