Wednesday, January 4, 2012

2012-The Year of the "Nacho" Maid

This is my year bitches! I am no longer going to cater to my kids and maybe my husband too. He started this in all seriousness. He likes a clean house. According to him, "everything has its place." (Insert eye roll here) Well, it has gone too far. I haven't sat down in years and I quit watching TV over a year ago. I almost bought a pedometer just to track my daily mileage. But, I saved the $15 and bought some coffee instead. I need the caffeine!

For seven years, I have made beds, snacks, cleared dishes, and cleaned rooms. This year, I am taking a stand and saying NO MORE. I am NACHO maid!!! I feel so liberated and free. Well, maybe not free since I still have 3 kids and a husband to care for, and 2 Golden Retrievers who leave hair all over my nicely cleaned floors. They are currently on their second Dyson vacuum. The first one never stood a chance.

This is the year I move up on the totem pole and put myself somewhere in the mix of the 7 of us and not at the bottom. As I write my first post, there are toys all over my family room floor. I have asked the kids to pick up their toys at least 3 times. I WILL NOT PICK THEM UP. I WILL NOT PICK THEM UP. I WILL NOT PICK THEM UP. There are little Scrabble tiles and Polly Pockets everywhere. I WILL NOT PICK THEM UP!

And as I sit on the couch after getting the kids in bed, my husband comes downstairs from reading with our daughter and says, "Jesus Christ there is %$*& everywhere down here," as he kicks a toy out of the way to get to the couch. I just sit back and prop my feet up as Operation Nacho Maid is in full effect!

1 comment: