Wednesday, January 11, 2012

I am apparently NACHO witty, quick comeback, awesome TV MOM!

In the battles of toddlers and babies and sleep and feedings, it's relatively easy to be #winning! But, when they can talk and argue incessantly, it's becoming much more difficult than just standing my ground and waiting for their weak wills to give in. No, they are trying much harder these days to make my life infinitely more difficult.

Among the NACHO Mommies there's a bit of a competition going on. It used to be "step aside Mother of the Year is mine! I just dropped little Susie down the stairs..." that type of competition. Whoever had the more epic parenting fail would get the MOTY award. Now it's more about being the WORST! MOMMY! EVER!!! When I tell them I'm the Worst Mommy Ever, they all laughed and said "But I thought I was the Worst Mommy ever! That's what my kid just told me!"

So, the other day when "Katie" is screaming at me about being the WME (no, that's not a wrestling acronym) and how she "HATES" me, I get to thinking. I need TV writers to live in my brain and give me the perfect comebacks! Now, normally that type of thing would hurt my Mommy Ego, but she was pitching and EPIC fit about something so inane that I couldn't be bothered to let it bother me. That's when I realized, I'm NACHO comeback queen. I wondered if any of my friends in NACHO land could help me figure out how to handle the almost 7 yr. old girl drama? Is creating drama from nothing the new art form?

I find myself losing it more and more and really hate being the yelling Mommy. Can anyone help me write a script that will make life more like "Good Luck Charlie" and less like "All in the Family?"

Thanks, Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment