Thursday, January 5, 2012

I'm "NACHO" nacho maker!

When my friend pitched this idea I was like "hell yeah!" I need to quit taking care of things because it's just easier! Easy is for lazy parents, right? (That's what playdates are for...keeping kids out of your hair because it easy - then just picking up the toys that the other kids went through like crack babies, because it's easier than getting OTHER people's kids to pick up at your own house. How mean is that?)
But I digress! How do I participate in a blog about being a "nacho mama" if I am not going to actively try to make my kids more independent and more self-sufficient? How to start?
1) Make a declaration (in order to make that stick, you must follow through - crap - what did I get myself into?)
I need baby steps, so I only have step 1 so far... But, I did it in WRITING. Now that I have have proficient readers, I find that to be a good place to start.
Great! I'm off to a running start! I put up the sign which the kids loved. They laughed about the nachos and Martin replied "YAY Nachos! I love nachos!"
So, when I served cornflake/ranch chicken he was deeply confused and upset!
Later when "Katie" says
to her brother "Hey "Justin", Mommy is NACHO maid" he says "I love nachos!"
Sigh...

Off to the gym! "Bonnie"

No comments:

Post a Comment