Thursday, January 5, 2012

NACHO therapist

So my parents are going through some marital issues. My mom is constantly calling me and over-sharing. It's like somewhere along the way I stopped being her daughter and became her friend. Not that I mind being her friend, but I think there are lines that should not be crossed. I don't want to hear about her issues with my dad. Afterall, he's still my father despite his many faults. Perhaps he sucks as a husband, or maybe not. Either way it's not my place to say. So today I'm enjoying my few hours of bliss (a.k.a. kid free time) with a trip to "the Motherland" (a.k.a. Target). As I'm casually perusing the aisles, my phone rings. It's my Mom. I hesitantly pick it up and she starts in on the latest drama. I think I may have hit my breaking point in that aisle. I am NACHO therapist. I don't want to hear about it. I don't want to be in the middle of it. I don't want to take sides. I think she's upset, but it had to be said or I'd be the one in need of therapy.

-Thelma

No comments:

Post a Comment