Wednesday, February 8, 2012

An "aha" moment.... well not mine exactly

My parents are growing up. I know it's a small miracle. They have had their "aha" moment, and it couldn't come soon enough. They are seeing a therapist and it's not me...YAY! Now they can burden a perfect stranger with their problems and drama. I no longer have to hold my breath when I see the caller ID with their name on it.  Maybe now I can stop avoiding phone calls and conversations. Maybe it won't solve anything, or maybe it will. Either way, I feel like I can breathe again. Normally I say how proud of my 7-yr olds I am, but I'm happy to say I'm proud of my parents today for stepping up and doing the work that needs to be done. Hmmm... maybe you're never to old to learn new tricks.

-Thelma

No comments:

Post a Comment